Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Instead of just waiting on the world to change... DO SOMETHING!

You know, I did like the song when I first heard it. It was kind of catchy. Sometimes I wish that I didn't listen to song lyrics. If I didn't listen to song lyrics, I'd never know that the dude who wrote Horse With No Name was tripping on acid. If I didn't listen to song lyrics, I'd never know that being a swinger is like living at the Hotel California. If I didn't listen to lyrics, I'd never know that Escape ("The Pina Colada Song") is the saddest ditty ever written. I would live in a world of ignorant oblivion if I didn't listen to song lyrics.

Alas. I listen to words.

(Ed note, Over this weekend I was talking to two friends. One of them said to the other, "She'll remember everything you ever say. Word for word." It's true. Because I listen to words. But it was a very odd observation from someone who doesn't know me very well.)

I can't help but listening over and over again to that damn John Mayer song. And I don't even like John Mayer. (Your body is a wonderland? How ridiculously cheesy is that drek? I mean, I suppose it's less offensive than saying what you really think. "Hey baby... your body is a slip 'n slide." Vulgar? Perhaps. But at least it's a tad more honest.)

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting for the world to change while we sit back and watch, hoping that things'll magically get better. "It's a song of hope," my friend just told me. It's not a song of hope. It's a song of fucking complacency. It's a song that has offended my delicate sensibilities.

No comments: