Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Brains on drugs.

Remember the brains on drugs commercials? With the butter ("This is drugs."). And the egg ("This is your brain."). And the breakfast. ("This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?"). Kinda funny.

See: Brains on Drugs PSA.

Remember the one with the father who approaches his son? "Where'd you get this?" he asks, incredulous. And that wonderful response: "You, alright. I learned it by watching you!"

See: "I learned it by watching you" PSA.

And there is, perhaps, my all-time favorite. Pee-Wee Herman in his oh-so-sobering voice telling the world not to do crack, cocaine. He says nothing, however, of frequenting adult movie theaters.

See: Pee-Wee Herman PSA.

Anti-drug commercials have always been ridiculous. They take themselves too seriously to send an effective message. So now they're apparently trying to be a little more kid-friendly and less somber. Which must be how we ended up with this silly anti-drug campaign.

Silly anti-drug commercial #1.

Discussion: The guy just offered his dog some pot. The only people who ever think of offering animals pot are complete stoners. Kinda makes you wonder about the person who created the commercial, don't it?

Silly anti-drug commercial #2.

Discussion: Now, was I completely stoned, or did an alien just come from the sky in Commercial #2? Did a kid just offer an alien a joint? And... wait, I did see that, right? I saw the girl fall in love with the alien for refusing the aforementioned joint.

Silly anti-drug commercial #3.

Discussion: More with the dog? Do I really need to point out the fact that the guy is talking to his pet? And more importantly, the dog is talking back. Riiiight.

You've gotta be kidding me.

Every time I see these commercials, I laugh out loud. Why?

Only someone really high could have come up with these asinine advertisements.

No comments: