Saturday, February 24, 2007

The bar.

I am taking another bar exam.

Last time I took the bar, I studied for two months. This time, I'll have studied for two days. Why do I say that? Well, because I've not really studied yet. And the damn exam is on Thursday. What's legalise for "I'm fucked"? Because that's exactly what I am.

I have a friend who took the New Jersey bar years ago. He recently got a job out west and is also taking another bar exam. The poor bastard also has to re-take the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE), which consists of 200 multiple choice questions. Trust me when I tell you it sounds easier than it is. The only good think about my situation is that unlike my friend, I do not have to take the MBE. I only have to write twelve essays in six hours.

In the lunacy of studying, however, my friend did send me an MBE question that he authored himself:

Intending to cause himself severe bodily injury, Marc attacks his head with a dull spoon. Unknown to Marc, his skull is made of eggshells, and the repeated thumping of the dull spoon eventually, after many long, tedious hours, cracks his skull, and he dies a long, slow death, with lots of moaning and shit.

In an action by Marc against Marc, Marc will most likely:

A) win, because he had intent to cause himself severe bodily injury.

B) lose, because he killed himself in a public setting during the daytime.

C) win, unless it can be shown that he had vertical privity with himself.

D) lose, you stupid moron, because he's already dead.

No comments: