Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year Resolutions 2007.

Back in 1996 I typed out my New Year Resoutions as a contract with myself. I had sections marked with roman numerlas. Under each section heading were smaller resolutions. Some sections contained safe harbor provisions (clauses such as "as I deem appropriate" and "unless it cannot be avoided"). I began the document with, "As of January 1, 1996, I [insert full legal name] make the following resolutions." I ended the document with, "I, the undersigned [insert full legal name] do hereby agree to accept the above resolutions, and resolve to do my best to follow them."

A lawyer in the making, right?

It is in the same spirit that I decided to post some New Year Resolutions. However, I cannot think of any. I can't very well resolve to be better about going to the gym, because I know I won't be able to keep that one. Nor does it make sense to resolve not to procrastinate, since I do my best work when I procrastinate.

So it appears that I am left with no good resolutions. Or at least I'm left with no resolutions that I can reasonably post in a public forum. So if anyone has any ideas for me, be sure to let me know.

No comments: