Wednesday, January 3, 2007

It may be too much to expect, but it's not too much to ask.

I'll keep this short, since most of you have heard it all before.

Everyone who refuses to capitalize the noun "I" and who writes "u" instead of "you" and other such nonsense can sod off. Every time I see such horrid grammar, it sends chills down my spine and I seriously want to seriously injure the person who has inflicted such an atrocity upon me.

It is really too much to ask that people exercise the basics they learned in grade school? I understand that not everyone knows that "unique" does not come in degrees. I've accepted that. But I really don't think it's asking or expecting too much to insist that people know the difference between to (expressing motion), too (also) and two (the number). What about your (possessive) and you're (you are)? AAAAAACK. Such misuse and abuse sends me into fits of spavins and heaves.

People who violate the laws of basic grammar in this way deserve to be caned. Or have their hands cut off. With no hands, they will no longer be able to inflict such pain upon me via their keyboards.

No comments: