Saturday, January 20, 2007

An audience.

One of my ex-boyfriend's and I could only have sex with an audience. The first three times we were together, there was always someone else around. The first time we were physically intimate when no one was there, we were amazed that we were able to complete the act on our own. While I tend to keep my sexual activities more private these days, I realize that I am still the consumate performer.

Whenever I speak, it's always a performance. Whenever I tell a story, I'm always playing to an audience. As if this weren't bad enough, I actually try out new material on people to guage response before adding it into my repertoire. My more popular stories are so ingrained in my memory, that I can recite them in the same manner a trial judge recites a plea colloquy.

Even if there is only one other person around, anything I say is a production, even if only for an audience of one. Even my self-indulgant blog entries are performances of sorts. After all, my best moments are when I have an audience.

No comments: