Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dinner.

Tonight for dinner I had ramen noodles and tuna fish.

Why on earth would I eat that?

Well, my boyfriend recently made me stew. I sometimes like stew. I didn't like this stew, and ended up taking two bites and discarding the rest of what I'd ladled out for myself.

The problem for me with stew is the fat on the beef. It's not a health thing, mind you. See, when I eat any sort of red meat that's not in some sort of stew or soup or sauce, I can cut off every single itty-bitty piece of fat. This is a habit I developed at a very young age. While most people find red meat fat rather flavorful, I hate it. Unfortunately, when you get stew beef and don't trim it, it has all sorts of fat. So I tend not to eat it.

What's my problem with beef fat?

It's slimy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. When I ate meat, I trimmed all of the fat off it (a habit I also acquired at a young age). The consistency of beef fat has always creeped me out.