Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The worst game ever.

I had never played Scrabble before.

"But Saucy Vixen," my friends would tell me. "What with your penchant for words, you'll rock at Scrabble."

It never seemed like much fun to me, though. It seemed like work. But not wanting to completely dismiss it, I decided I'd try it out.

Saturday I had some friends over. Chris cooked dinner. I bought a cake. And we played Scrabble.

And you know what? It's the worst game ever. When I say, it's the worst game ever, what I mean is: Scrabble is the WORST game ever.

You know what happened? Guy From Work won. He won. This is not surprising unto itself. What is surprising (and downright irritating) is how he won. At this point, I must take a slight digression: I don't like the challenging part of Scrabble. It's stupid. I lose a turn if I challenge the fact that Chris chose to spell the word "null" with only one "L"? Not cool. Not cool at all. So instead of taking the chance that I'd lose a turn, I kept a list of words I thought were bulltwaddle so I could look 'em up afterwards.

Guess what word Guy From Work used. Oe. What the fuck is oe? Spell check doesn't even pick it up! It's not even a word! (I apologize for offending the delicate sensibilities of my readership by using the f-word. I generally don't do such things, but this oe nonsense really cooks my goose.)

Oh, but it is. It's a damn weather formation off the coast of some African island. Even though you won't find "oe" on dictionary dot com, it was in the Scrabble dictionary. Total bull. Oe.

I hate you, Scrabble. Damn you. Damn you, Scrabble, to the Hell I don't believe in. Die, die, die. I hate you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The funniest part of this blog is the fact that this happened on Saturday night & you are still ranting about it... hehehe!! And just think I begged you to blog so I could live vicuriously... hummmm?
(wink wink)