Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Submission.

Warning: Mom, you probably don't want to read this one. Seriously. Stop here.

People who know me in life know that I am a force to be reckoned with. While I'm shy at first, once I get comfortable, I just don't shut up. Furthermore, I'm argumentative by nature and I hate to lose. I win so many of my arguments not because I know what I'm talking about (in fact, in many cases, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about), but because I have my bag o' lawyer tricks. It's easy to paint someone into a corner if you know how. It's not difficult to destroy a perfectly plausible theory, simply by pointing out ridiculous, irrelevant inconsistences. If you get people lost in the minutia, they lose track of the big picture and you win. If you reframe the issue, arguing something that wasn't even brought up, you're right, they're wrong, and you win.

I have been aptly described as having a dominant personality. The only place this may not hold true is at work. An office full of lawyers is, by definition, a pack of attention whores. But in social settings, I can see what people mean. I don't have time for bullshit, and don't have the patience to put up with it. I've been told by some that I'm "refreshingly honest," by which they mean I'm a bitch who'll be brutally frank.

So what's the problem?

The men I meet in my life presume that because I'm dominant in life, that's how I am whe it comes to sex. Truth be known, I hate being the initiator or the aggressor. Being the seductress is fine, but when the mindplay becomes physical foreplay, I want to be dominated. I want someone to take control and do horrible things that I can't write because I know my mother is still reading this. (Seriously, Mom, I told you to stop.)

Yes, I admit it: I am a submissive. But I am what I enjoy referring to as a "reluctant sub." I'm fiery. I like to fight back. Sadly, however, no one's ever had the patience or sexual aptitude to realize that I enjoy the struggle, and in the end, the submission.

No comments: