Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Reason #438 to hate the Red Sox.

I preface this entry by stating that it's not just the Red Sox I hate. It's all professional sports. Baseball, basketball, football, etc, etc, etc. I am indiscriminate in my hatred. I view professional sports as an excuse for grown men to get drunk and act like moronic babies.

But today, the Red Sox really incurred my wrath.

I had a motion to suppress scheduled. This is the second time it has been scheduled; the first time, the state trooper did not show up because he hadn't enough notice of the motion (even though I filed it on the agreed-upon "file by" date). The judge granted the opposition's continuance, over my objection.

We showed up today. While one of the troopers was there, the one that was actually present when my client was stopped was missing. And why? He was sent to Boston. Because Boston needed extra manpower. For the parade.

The parade? What effing parade?

The parade for the Rod Sox.

The opposition explained this to the judge, who granted the continuance over my objection.

So the Red Sox get their parade, while my client sits in jail, waiting to vindicate her rights. Which only proves that professional sports are more important than the Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights of poor people.

Go Sox.

3 comments:

Petition For Review said...

Would you feel better if took one of the brooms that the Sox fans are waving around and shoved it up the troopers backside? Or up the backside of any random Sox fan?

I would feel better.

SaucyVixen said...

I would feel a bit better.

But I'd feel *even* better if the broom handle were old and splintery.

PD Lisa said...

I had a trial in federal court that had to start later one day because our local hometown (overly indulged, city financed) professional football team was going to be on Monday Night Football and the judge wanted to go to the game ... trial on Tuesday started later than usual that day ......