Sunday, July 15, 2007

You don't have to take your clothes off to have a good time.

Years ago some friends tried to teach me to play poker. By "friends" I mean a group of young men and one other girl (who also didn't know how to play poker). Because we had neither money, nor chips, the game quickly turned into strip poker. I can safely say that it's impossible to learn how to play poker when you're surrounded by a group of silly boys who want to see you naked.

Last night I had some people over for dinner. Chris cooked, per usual. The gathering consisted of me, Chris, my best law school friend, Mike (the best friend/pseudo-ex-boyfriend), and a guy from work. My friend from work brought with him poker chips (really nice and heavy clay ones) and other assorted poker accoutrements.

It was a five dollar game. Chris and guy-from-work both ended up having to buy for another five. A whopping thirty-five bucks were on the table (big money, people), and I ended up with twenty-one of 'em. How this happened, I do not know. However, I actually learned how to play and ended up with sixteen more dollars than I started with. And I didn't even have to take my clothes off.

No comments: