Sunday, July 8, 2007

My boyfriend is a nerd.

I really do try not to write about my boyfriend because I don't want to be "that" girl. But he just tends to do things that are worthy of writing about. (He really ought to stop that.)

When I saw him on Wednesday, he started grinning about something. So I asked him about the dopey smile. "I know something you don't know," he responded. Of course I questioned. He told me it was a surprise. "When will I discover what what it is?" Soon, he told me. Maybe the next day. Maybe in two weeks. When I get something to eat.

So as soon as I left, I searched my kitchen. Nothing. Of course, it's hard to find something when you don't know what it is you're looking for.

I called him the next day and left a message. "I wanna know what my surprise is! Tell me!"

He e-mailed me a response. "You'll find out when you get home. So come home."

And I did. He left cards all around my house. In the freezer. In some kitchen cabinets. In my underwear drawer. Propped up on top of the dryer. Under my pillow.

So nerdy-sweet.

My boyfriend is a nerd. I love it.

No comments: