Monday, July 2, 2007

Joy of Cooking

I don't cook. I hate to cook. And I'm not very good at it, either.

Thus, my diet consists primarily of the following: breakfast cereal, canned ravioli, ramen noodles, tuna fish, cheese, ice cream, cookie dough, beef jerky, and breakfast sandwiches from Dunkin' Donuts.

This is not good.

So the fact that Chris cooks is a super-duper-oh-my-God-I-adore-this-guy bonus. Don't get me wrong; I'd dig him even if he didn't cook. But come on... it's totally awesome that he does. Not only that, but he gives into my gustatory whims. I want pancakes? He makes 'em. I want cheesy eggs, hash browns and bread-in-a-can? He makes it. And when I can't decide? He comes up with something.

That's how I ended up with a delectable chicken and white wine and vegetable dinner last week. Nutritious and delicious. Really, who can ask for anything more? And even though I didn't ask for anything more, I got something more. Leftover! But not just any leftovers. He made an extra aluminum foil bag and gave me cooking directions: 400 degrees for forty minutes.

So tonight, I had me a wonderfully delicious and good-for-me meal. Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Frolics and Detours said...

I want a boy to cook for me. I'm super jealous!