Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I love you, Gideon.

Several months ago, my friend sent me a link to a public defender blog. I read. It was well written, cogent, and evocative. I was smitten with the author's impeccable use of grammar. I was wowed by his lofty analysis. I simply had to know more about this amazing blogger, who wrote under the name of Gideon.

I clicked on a link to write to Gideon. His email address contained the phrase "threegenerations." As in "Three generations of imbeciles are enough," written by the prosaic Justice Holmes in Buck v. Bell (holding that compulsory sterilization doesn't violate an individual's due process rights).

Gideon and I corresponded for a bit until he realized he already knew me. And how did he know me? The author of the blog was the same person who'd told me about it in the first place: My friend had sent me his own blog and neglected to tell me it was his.

In all seriousness, though, he hits some good issues and handles it with aplomb. So if you're reading this because you want to know more about the law and less about my poker night, check out his blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I didn't think it was possible, but you embarrassed me :D

I love you too Saucy Vixen

SaucyVixen said...

I do what I can, Snookums. :P

Jen said...

Hilarious.