Friday, April 6, 2007

A letter to my mortgage broker.

The following is a true letter I wrote to my mortgage broker:

April 6, 2007

To whom it may concern:

I have been asked to author a letter describing “how I intend to live in CT and work in MA.”

I would like to preface this letter by stating that I completely understand your concern in this matter, as interstate travel in order to maintain employment can be extremely hazardous. Notwithstanding the fact that there are some people who commute each week from California to New York, your concern is very real. Indeed, as every map indicates, there is a thick black border surrounding each state; a lifeless no-man’s land where all roads, and even topographical markers are split in twain. I have, however, secured a talisman which protects me and my worldly possessions from the ravages – both mythical and radiological – that emanate from these forsaken grounds.

With my safety secure, I am able to traverse the border between Connecticut and Massachusetts in my automobile every day. It’s thirty-five minutes each way, but I successfully brave the dangers nonetheless.

In short: I drive 30 miles to and from work each day.

4 comments:

SaucyVixen said...

As it turns out, my mortgage broker was very amused with my letter. In fact, it got passed around the office and made everyone's day.

Marissa Dupont said...

That rules. :D I'm going to have to remember that when Randy and I buy a house, which will probably be in Maine, as we both work in New Hampshire. :)

Paul Bourque said...

I loved it!!! Again, you have a way of making me totally crack up!!!

Anonymous said...

I used to have fun with this when we lived in Kentucky but I worked in Ohio (20 minute drive each way). "Oh, I can't work that weekend. I'm going out of state." :)