Monday, April 16, 2007

I need a hobby.

I had a long weekend. Four days. Friday through Monday. And you know what I did? Absolutely nothing. My friends were all busy and I was bored. So it occurred to me that I need a hobby.

I have decided to start a garden.

I know, I know, it doesn't sound like something I would do. But why not? I can go out and commune with nature. I can play in the dirt. I can stop shaving my legs and start wearing Birkenstocks year round. I think this will be good for me. I can have fields of broccoli. I can rip carrots from the earth. Soon, I'll be able to quit my job and hawk my veggies at small roadside stands. I can grow flowers and sell little bouquets of wild crap at farmers markets.

I'll be Mother Earth. I'll stop taking medicine. I'll use organic anti-perspirant that doesn't really do much. I'll install solar panels so that I don't have to heat my water using extra energy. Gone will be the days of such luxuries as air conditioning and indoor plumbing. My blog will be published via carrier pigeon. After my hair growth takes hold (from that not shaving thing) I'll sheer my pubes and knit sweaters for small, starving children in the antarctic.

The possibilities are truly endless. All this from starting a garden.

2 comments:

merry said...

You have had much too much time on your hands this weekend.

redbird said...

I use organic anti-perspirant and you're right, it doesn't really do much.