Wednesday, April 18, 2007

America's Next Top Moron.

So I'm flipping through channels on television right now. I've come across America's Next Top Model. I've never seen more than five minutes of this show before. And now I know why.

Today's episode tasked each of the top six potential models with reciting a thirty second Cover Girl script. Not one of these women could recite the entire script all the way through in less than twenty takes. These girls in their early twenties cry at the proverbial drop of a hat. "I was hit by a car when I was seventeen and I have bad short term memory," one girl cried. Literally cried. Tears running down her would-be-model face.

Each girl received an evaluation from the judging panel. Tyra gave each girl tips on how to model -- facial expressions, little waves, how to wrinkle their noses. She contributed to the dumbing down of America (as if we, as a nation, need to be dumber). After watching this, I have come to a conclusion: Tyra Banks is the Devil and must be destroyed.

1 comment:

redbird said...

But she's passing the torch to the Models Of Tomorrow! I stopped watching ANTM this season after episisode 1 where it was revealed that one girl is actually a Russian mail-order bride. That was the "a-ha" moment for me. But I did watch every single episode last season and was totally hooked. Watching the catfights between Melissa Rose "Melrose" and CariDee...oooh...those girls are super fierce!