Monday, March 12, 2007

Urges.

I'm a woman. I've not needs. I've got urges. Sometimes I even find it difficult to exercise self-control.

I had an urge today. In the elevator. But I controlled myself. It was difficult. I had to exercise such a level of self-restraint that I nearly fainted.

I found myself in the elevator on a journey from the third floor where I work to the ground level. I stood uncomfortably, watching the red LCD display with the red arrow pointing down. 3 --> 2 --> 1. I was joined in the elevator by a pregnant woman, my carpool buddy, and a young attorney who works for the same agency as I. I gave a sidelong glance to the young attorney, who I've never found particularly attractive.

Then all at once, I felt it. A current that started in my belly, and extended quickly to my index finger. I forced it down. Forced down that nearly-uncontrollable urge to stick my finger in the young attorney's chin dimple.

No comments: