Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Provincial much?

The reason I majored in print journalism as opposed to broadcast journalism is because I was never able to handle local news. Though there is local news in print, there's so much more in broadcast. And it happens to be on right now; it's all puffery having to do with random local people and their battles with the snow and freezing rain.

I swear, if the world were ever to end, the local headline would read thusly:

"World ends; Connecticut man sees it."

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yes, local news is all about apartment complex fires. Drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caty said...

I was just listening to a bit about The Onion's writer's room on This American Life. I always laugh at their headlines but now you make me see that they're not too far from the real ones and that makes me kinda worried...