Thursday, February 7, 2008

Engaged. (That was fast.)

I had a bad day yesterday. My medication gives me heartburn and it was in full swing. Chris and I were arguing about ridiculous things via text messages. Pathetic. I wanted to get home, eat an egg, and crawl into bed.

No such luck.

When I got home, I came in through the kitchen door. I saw candles lit in the kitchen and my first thought was, "Great. What the hell is my house-mate doing with my candles?"

When I got inside, I heard music. A song from a mix CD that Chris gave me on our second date. "I Want You" by Holly Cole. (Cue "aaaaaaaaw" sound.)

In the middle of the circle of candles was a huge chocolate cake with "Marry Me" written in green. It's pictured above in mirror image (because it was taken with a web cam). A ring was sitting in front of the cake. My mother's engagement ring setting set with my birthstone, a garnet -- semi-precious, just like me.

I found Chris upstairs, where I said yes.

Then proceeded to tell him that I had a stomachache; seems we got the married couple but down already.

The cake was delicious. We're engaged. I love him.

6 comments:

Marissa Dupont said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you were able to eat the cake despite your stomachache. And the ring sounds just loverly. :) I wish I had chocolate cake with my engagement ring... lucky! :)

Unknown said...

PS-

So I take it my Facebook profile is now 'official'?

Shera said...

Congrats Becca. I'm in that weird state of getting married without the engagement too.
Now I want a sweet engagement too!

redbird said...

Congratulations on making it official! Sounds like a very cute proposal!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! That's awesome!!!

Cute proposal as well.

Let's see the ring! It sounds original and it sounds like he put a lot of thought into it.

Squeeeee!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!