Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's been ten years and all I get is this lousy pizza?

I was a senior in high school in 1997. The prom theme that year was "Sail Away." But I did not know this until I arrived at the dance. Because I never received an invitation.

Ten years later and not much has changed. My reunion is on July 7. But I never received an invitation. My friends from high school? Oh, they all got one. And so I emailed the reunion coordinator for the details.

The Bier Garten on High Street. Casual attire. Twenty-five bucks gets you salad, subs, pizza, water, soda and beer. Cash bar. Wow. There are few things I can think of less horrid than this arrangement. And for those of us who don't drink beer, this ten-year-pizza-pary-and-kegger is even more depressing.

Ten years. It's been ten years and they're gonna have us wearing jeans and OSU t-shirts guzzling bear at some crappy beer bar. I expected better. I should have known better. After all, it is Ohio.

1 comment:

beth slack said...

I feel that this pizza party is the 13th birthday party I never had.