Monday, June 25, 2007

I need an ottoman.

As my faithful readers are aware, I moved into my house last week. My living room is a mess. Awful wallpaper. Brown, pile sculptured carpet. I started stripping the wallpaper on my own back in May when I purchased the home. After about five full days of work, I gave up. I just don't have the time or know-how to get it done. And so I hired someone to strip the wallpaper, skim coat the walls, and paint it my wonderful shade of Bordello Red. He's coming on July 11 and it should be done by the end of that week.

The furniture for the Bordello Living Room is all good to go. I have the caramel colored couch and chairs. I have the two dark end tables. I have the large and ornate coffee table. The '40s era nude pin-ups framed in gold leaf. The gold framed mirror. I thought I had it all. But then it occurred to me: I'm missing something. And then I realized.

I need an ottoman.

And so, Chris and I have decided to go to Turkey. My frequent flyer mileage will finally be put to good use. We'll go for two weeks some time in December or January, depending on what I can work out with black out dates and my work schedule. I'll handle the flights and I'll let Chris research and decide what to do once we get there. I suppose I should take more of an active interest, but he's just so excited about planning this; and I know very little about the country, so he's far more equipped to handle the quasi-planning.

We're goin' to Turkey. I'm excited and anxious, but not super-duper-uber-excited. Not yet. But I will be when the time approaches. I mean, hot damn, we're going to Turkey. Woo-hoo!

Disclaimer: No, I'm not really planning on buying an ottoman. I was using it as a clever segue. Cool, huh?

No comments: