Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Pina Colada Song.

The Pina Colada song is an awful song. Have you actually listened to the lyrics? It's about two people who are together, but have never taken the time to actually learn about each other. It's tragic, for example, that they're together, unhappy, and that he doesn't even know that she loves pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, and that she's not into yoga and likes the taste champagne. Has she never told him? Has he never asked? Why are they even together? Moreover, why are they not upset when they run into each other after both have tried to cheat on each other? This is not a song about second chances. This is a reflection of most marriages there days -- short on communication, and heavy on resentment.

This is a song I do not relate to. I make sure that my partner knows exactly what I'm thinking, nearly all the time. Sometimes to my detriment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just happened upon your blog and I have to say, WOW - you are blindingly negative. I do not say this in response to your comment on the pina colada song but to your ramblings as a whole.

I hope you find peace soon - before you drive everyone in your life far far away from you.