Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I am a baker's wet dream.

Two-and-a-half weeks ago, I was at the doctor's office for a urinary-tract-cum-kidney infection. Doc gave me a ten-day dose of Ciprofloxacin. It's the anti-anthrax antibiotic. It's some serious stuff. It made me tired, it make me woozy, it made me feel like poop. But it cleared up the the infection.

Merely a day after the ten days were up -- Saturday -- I began to feel a tad itchy. I began to get that not-so-fresh feeling. I ignored it, convinced that the Powers That Be wouldn't be so evil as to throw another infection my way.

I was wrong.

The antibiotic killed nearly all the bacteria in my body. If I'd been exposed to anthrax, I'd have been set. But it killed the good stuff, too. Antibiotics: Our friends, our enemies. As it happened, it killed the bacteria that prevents an overgrowth of yeast.

So today, I finally went back to the doctor. "I have a yeast infection," I said, explaining my previous course of treatment.

He swabbed the delicate folds of my nether region and came back thirty seconds later. "You have a yeast infection," he said.

I could bake bread in my lady parts. I have a brewery in my pants. I am not happy.

3 comments:

redbird said...

Awww....
I Hope you have good meds and are feeling better soon.

Get that man of yours to buy you some good yogurt and eat it daily to get those probiotics cooking again.

I hope next month is better, I think you had a crappy August, health-wise.

SaucyVixen said...

Mmmmm.... yogurt for the lactose intolerant.

You think that just rubbing yogurt all over my body would have the same effect?

redbird said...

Ahhh, forgot about you and the lactose thing. Maybe try some probiotic capsules from the health food store. And while I have never tried it, rubbing plain yogurt over certain parts of you might help, yes. But it might just make you cranky about being covered in yogurt.