Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My birthday could have taken place in 1987.

My birthday was last Thursday.

And even though it's 2008, it could have taken place 21 years ago.

Why?

Chris got me an original Mannequin movie poster. "She's making her move in theaters on February 13," the poster reads. That's below the line telling me that "Some guys have all the luck." Andrew McCarthy on a motorcycle wearing jeans, a waistcoat, and a tux jacket, with a mannequin riding bitch. Rock!

But that wasn't the best part.

The best part?

A framed, mint condition, 45 (that's vinyl, folks) of the single "We Built This City."

My birthday could have taken place in 1987.

That's just how awesome I am.

2 comments:

Miss Conduct PDX said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xjJguOTD_g&feature=related

Anonymous said...

AH-HA I was just looking to buy sing it 80's pop and yes yes yes WE BUILT THIS CITY is so on there!!