Thursday, January 3, 2008

He's been holding out on me!

My boyfriend's birthday is on January 1. Which means in my recovering-from-too-much-tequila hungover state, I was subjected to a family dinner, complete with his parents, grandparents, and eighteen-year-old brother.

In discussing what his brother did for the New Year, it was divulged that he stayed up until three a.m. playing Guitar Hero. At that point, I expressed by burning desire to own Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), but my problem with the fact that I do not out a Playstation game console.

"He has a PS2," Chris's brother informed me.

I was taken aback.

Shocked.

Angry.

That bastard! Knowing of my love for dancing on electronically connected pads, Chris had neglected to inform me that he owned a PS2. No. Rather, he merely turned to me and explained, "I use it to watch DVDs."

Well!

Surely DVD-watching as his parents' house cannot be as important as my love of the dance. And so I said to him: "Chris! Surely DVD-watching here cannot be as important as my love of the dance!"

He agreed. And agreed to bring it over, if not for good, then at least temporarily so that I can DDR myself into oblivion.

Now all I need to do is get the game. So I can have dance battles in my bordello-styled living room.

Rock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word of warning it is not as easy as one might think. Move all the furniture away from the dance mat area, wear loose comfy non-floor dragging clothing and shake it girl. And if nothing else you WILL laugh your ass off!!! Oh you have to get sing it as well. Its a singing competition with microphones & all.... plus theres an 80's pop version... hummm I wonder if it has we built this city on it?? Hummm...

Miss Conduct PDX said...

What else isn't he telling you?

I'd be asking!

Unknown said...

What if he was holding out on you for a reason? Reason being your birthday is soon and it would be an appropriate time to give you a gift. Not that he needs an appropriate time to give you a gift... ;)